Anderson Counseling & Education
Self Evaluation Check Lists
Do you currently suffer, or have you recently suffered from, any of the following?
- Sad or empty mood
- Loss of pleasure in activities you normally enjoy
- Weight loss or wieght gain, diminished or increased appetite
- Sleep difficulties, too much or too little sleep
- Feelings of restlessness or being slowed down
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Indecisiveness, or diminished ability to think or concentrate
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide
If you answered Yes to five or more of the above, you may very likely be suffering from depression.
There is often a brain chemistry component to clinical depression. When appropriate, treatment may make use of both psychotherapy and antidepressive medication. Our therapists works with the client to examine the causes and effects of his or her symptoms and patterns. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is often used to help the individual reprogram unwated habits of thinking, feeling and doing.
Do you currently suffer, or have you recently suffered from, the following?
- Anxiety and/or worry about a number of events, such as work, financial matters, school performance, etc.
- Difficulty in controlling the worry
- Restlessness, feeling keyed up or on edge
- Being easily fatigued
- Difficulty concentrating, mind going blank
- Muscle tension
- Restless sleep or difficulty falling or staying asleep
If you answered Yes to three or more of the above, you may be suffering from generalized anxiety. (There are also more specific forms of anxiety, such as social phobia and panic.)
Psychotherapy is essential to the understanding of the core issues leading to anxiety. In cases of moderate anxiety, therapy alone is often enough to treat the unwanted symptoms. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) can be especially useful in treating anxiety, teaching the client various relaxation methods and other structured strategies for dealing with stress. Often, unresolved issues with family can trigger or exacerbate anxiety
Request More Information